Monday, January 31, 2011

University Of Santo Tomas Quadricentennial Year

Last week, University of Sto. Tomas celebrated its quadricentennial or 400th anniversary. The university is the oldest university in the Philippines and Asia. UST is also the only university to have been visited by two popes three times: once by Pope Paul VI on Nov. 28, 1970, and twice by Pope John Paul II on Feb. 18, 1981 and January 13, 1995. This quadricentennial year, Pope Benedict XVI greeted the university by a video message and sent a representative instead.




One proud Thomasian in UST quadricentennial year.


All photo credit goes to my daughter.
MellowYellowBadge


9 comments:

Cafe au lait said...

Great shots! Happy Monday.

imriz said...

ganda nmang lady tigress nyan:)

chubskulit said...

Sa UST pala sya sis, nice, smarty lady hehehe.. Keep it up ate!

Dhemz said...

wow! pretty impressive....:) way to go UST...ang ganda ni ate...I like her outfit!

Bambie dear ★ said...

wow Thomasian pala daughter mo :) its indeed the oldest and one of the finest universities in the country diba :)

Dhemz said...

I heard may statue daw si piolo at charlene...hehehhe....I saw the buzz kasi last sunday...lol!

nangungumusta lang te...nighty night!

mommy jes said...

Yay! nag galing!! 400 years!!! :D

Tetcha said...

I wish I was there. I'm a Thomasian, too! Busy, busy, busy!

clavs said...

I am following your blog, visit and follow mine 2! tnx. nice blog anyway