Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Watery Wednesday

One of the oldest building in the Philippines is Manila Central Post Office with over 250 years in the history and that's during Spanish regime. It was 1767 when it was first established but it was only 1926 when built in its present neo-classic architecture. Manila Cental Post Office was rebuilt after WW II in 1946.

This is the half front view of Manila Post Office. I apologized for not focusing on the Post Office building as this was just a snap capture with my very own model who gladly posed for my Watery Wednesday.


My entry for Watery Wednesday
Please click here for more WW entries!




8 comments:

J Bar said...

Great fountain.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Linnea W said...

That's a massive post office with equally impressive fountain...and what a pretty young lady!

Tetcha said...

I used to pass by this building during college days on my way to UST. It's been a while since I last saw it. By the way, can we exchange links? I have added this blog to my list of "Mommy Blogs."

Lorac said...

Impressive buildings and fountain. Nice of your daughter to pose for you!

nice A said...

Is your model your daughter? So cute.
Oh, that old building looks so familiar to me as it's close to Lawton bus station where we used to take a bus going to Binan before. Thanks for sharing, dear nuts.

Hilda said...

I think the MCPO is one of the most beautiful buildings in Manila. I love that strong fountain too. Cute daughter. :)

Happy Watery Wednesday! I hope the rest of your week goes by peacefully.

JonJon Rosaleen said...

Nice place for photo-taking and your princess is cute!! :)
Have a wonderful day!

Hootin' Anni said...

THAT's a POST OFFICE!!!??!! Wow. That girl is so cute. Love this photo.

My Wednesday post is OCEAN TIDE. I'd love you to visit!! Have a great day.