Monday, February 8, 2010

my daughter's experience in Science Camp

It's an experience to remember for my little daughter who attended Science Camp last Feb. 6-7 at La Vista resort. 5 PAGASA guests held the short seminar about Space Exploration. I only remembered the names Ruben Cunanan and Mario Raymundo who conducted the seminar. It's a rare chance for her to have actually viewed planets and stars in the universe.

It was already late night when the seminar was finished and stargazing started at 11pm. angel, a friend next to her, was eagerly waiting for her turn and was figuring out heavenly bodies above.

Highlight of the science camp was stargazing by which my little daughter truly enjoyed. She described Saturn as small blinking star in orange color and Mars as a light red ball.

Too bad that we didn't wait for the moon to shine as it was already 3am when it appeared that night. We missed to see the moon. PAGASA astronomer Ruben Cunanan told us that moon is in quarter shape and just perfect for eyes to view that one will even see the crater or the moon. Too bad that we missed that. I was too tired to wake up my daughter who was overly tired too from activities that day, swimming, zoo viewing and playing around.

Earlier that day, slogan making contest was held with science and technology theme. I just picked my favorite entry here.

and this one too which I think the message is clear in this piece.
Heavenly bodies are her interests. She definitely learned a lot from the camp but she still had more questions unanswered. I hoped that she had more time to talk with PAGASA group who conducted the seminar. She's looking forward of joining again next year's Science Camp.


2 comments:

chubskulit said...

Wow mukhang ang daming natutunan ng prinsesa mo sis...

Redlan said...

Wow pati si mommy mukhang ang-enjoy rin sa science camp ni bunso. Hindi ko yan naranasan noong bata pa ako.