Friday, February 26, 2010

MM: Song From A Mom's Heart

mommy moments

Our theme for Mommy Moment this week is Song From a Mom's Heart. I remember these songs from Disney that we always sang together. When we watched Disney on Ice in Araneta many years ago, Lactum was one of the sponsor and it so happened that my older daughter was a Lactum baby. So before we went home, we bought two big cans of Lactum just to avail free CD's of Disney On Ice soundtrack. Some of the songs that we always sing together are Whole New World, Reflection and Part of your World. Part of the World is just one of their favorite that I always sing to them before they sleep.

Part of your World

I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid
Tell me, princess, now when did
You last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a magic carpet ride

A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no
Or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming

A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world with you
Now I'm in a whole new world with you

Unbelievable sights
Indescribable feeling
Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless diamond sky

A whole new world
Don't you dare close your eyes
A hundred thousand things to see
Hold your breath - it gets better
I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be

A whole new world
Every turn a surprise
With new horizons to pursue
Every moment red-letter
I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare
Let me share this whole new world with you

A whole new world
That's where we'll be
A thrilling chase
A wondrous place
For you and me



How sweet is it to remember those moments, as they fall asleep while singing lullaby song. Until now, whenever they hear the song, it's like something from their childhood connect them through the song.
For more Mommy Moments Songs From a Mom's Heart entry, please click the above badge.



11 comments:

amiable amy said...

interesting...d lang ito pang mommy but also for those young at hearts...

glad to be here nuts my friend...was having nightmare and traumatic experience when the hacker took my email account and FB account...plus talking to my friends as "ME" ...

all is well now...got it all back...miss yah all

wenn said...

that's a lovely song!

By MelCole of PA said...

I always like that song too :) There's magical about it :)

momgen said...

I like that song great for kids. Happy mommy moments...

Mine is up

Dhemz said...

good pick te...love that song too....forever young...ehhehee!

yung sa akin is very simple...weeeeee....:)

Cecile said...

i love this song, perfect for MM theme for this week :-)

judys424 said...

I remember the Lea Salonga duet of this song.. Really an ear candy to kids.

Eds said...

lovely song nuts!

happy weekend to you!

Tetcha said...

Was it Lea Salonga who sang this song in the movie? This is a really nice song, Mommy!

Tetcha said...

By the way, mommy, I forgot to tell you I have an award for you.

Chris said...

a whole new world.. great pick mommy :D i have been thinking of this song too