Monday, February 22, 2010

how'd you like my ice cream?

Here's my entry for Mellow Yellow Monday.

They call it a dirty ice cream. Dirty ice cream or "SORBETES" is a real  hit during summer. This cream is  sold in colorful designed cart. During early days, ice cream dealers bred their own cow and milked them to be used for "dirty ice cream."
It is called dirty ice cream because it is sold along the street and not from known ice cream factory. This is not really dirty as the name implies.


My daughter wants her ice cream like a rose with different color. She was amazed the last time she bought and was surprised with how this ice cream was made. Two carts already passed by but she waited for this ice cream dealer who can design flower for her ice cream.

In cone, cup, in glass, with bread, or toppings in halu-halo, I want ice cream to refresh me this summer.

My Mellow Yellow Monday.
MellowYellowBadge


13 comments:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

I have never seen ice cream made into a rose...your daughter is smart...I would have waited too.
Susan

kim said...

Now that is an unusual ice cream. I have never seen that before. It is too pretty to eat.

Marites said...

I used to ask our mamang sorbetero (ice cream guy) to do that ice cream formation for me and usually, i would eat my dirty ice cream really slowly:) those were the good old days:)

My MYM is here.

Martha Z said...

That's a very creative way to make a cone. It looks like it must be time consuming but perhaps the vendor has so much experience that he can do it quickly.

teJan said...

hehehh...flavor of the road you mean? but its amazing! namnamnam...miss like this in pinas!

♥ Sonny ♥ said...

wow that cone is amazing and your child is lovely.. thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

Dhemz said...

oh my...I am amazed too! looks yummy!

nako, d kaya to dirty...ehhehhee...lol! mas masarap pa nga yung ice cream na mabibili sa kalye...ehheheh!

ube at mango ba yan te? hehehhe!

January said...

looks pretty and delicious.

I followed you too and added your link on my blogroll..

gracia said...

first to see ice cream like this....

Princess Sarah said...

nice flowery ice cream... can i try? hehe!

My Family Daily Adventure

Jeanny said...

ang galing naman ni mamang sorbetero at ang talino ng anak mo. :)

Ladynred said...

That's cool. I've never seen such design before. Yummy!
http://cookandbaking.com/?p=648

Carly said...

That ice cream looks neat!