Tuesday, January 19, 2010

tuesday couch potatoes



It's girl power for this week and my pick will be none other but Mulan! I have watched this movie several times. I remember many years back when I had a job interview. The interviewer asked me the last movie that I watched, probably wondering how vivid my memory is, and I told her it's Mulan. Then interviewer asked me to give the synopsis of that movie. Because my kids watched this film several times, I almost memorized lines from that movie and gave her the full summary. And so, it goes.. The young girl named Mulan fought for her nation. She disguised herself as a man to take the place of her father who is too old to be in the battle. Eddie Murphy played the small dragon named Mushu in the movie..

I also love the soundtrack of the film, "reflection." The singing voice of Mulan in the movie is my favorite Lea Salongga. I so love the song in the movie and one of my favorite part.



Look at me,
I will never pass for a perfect bride,
or a perfect daughter.
Can it be, I'm not meant to play this part.
Now I see,
That if I were truly to be myself, I would break my family's heart

Who is that girl I see
Staring straight, back at me
Why is my reflection someone I don't know
Somehow I cannot hide, who I am
though I've tried.
When will my reflection show who I am inside.

When will my reflection show who I am inside.

*notice that it was Lea Salonga, not Christina Aguilera version as shown in the video..



6 comments:

kikamz said...

Great pick for this week's theme nuts! btw, did u nail the interview and got ur first job?

i love mulan and mulan II too! i can relate in some ways to her struggles in showing her true self. she was torn between pleasing her family and following what her heart truly desires. i love the song reflection popularized by lea salonga too. she is one of my favorite filipino artists!

thanks for joining us this week nuts. next week, we will feature courtroom drama movies. till then, take care and happy tcp!

darly said...

"The flower that blooms in adversity, is the most rare and beautiful of all", my fave line in the muvee.

My TCP is up too, check it here.

Enjoy the rest of the week, and remember- Girls Rule!!!

chubskulit said...

I love this movie sis.. Nakikinood kasi ako sa mga bata lol.

Mama Ko said...

Not just for cartoons, papasa ring girl power itong mulan. Its very obvious how you love this movie, it a good one. Nice pick Nuts. Mine is http://www.sheaky.com/2010/01/tcp-girl-power.html

wenn said...

ya, mulan is a nice story!

jo.frougal said...

Mulan is among the turning-point movies of Disney Cartoons where they started showing females as their own heroes, not just damsels in distress waiting for men to deliver them. Great choice for a girl power movie!
Please click here for mine.