Thursday, January 21, 2010

mom in the kitchen

Staying up late does not mean waking up late but it means waking up early for a mom like me. So whatever time I sleep at night, I rise early the following morning to prepare my children to school. Being mom does not only mean checking how my children are performing in school, it does mean, everything. As much as I tried to be perfect, I always find it so hard to hit 100% grade for myself.
When it comes to food, I always make sure they're getting nutritious food in every meal that I prepare. I feel guilty whenever incomplete meal is served. This morning, I woke up late and that makes me feel guilty too. But then, even late this morning, I managed to prepare breakfast for them, sunny side up egg, bread and sliced ham. I have a sliced bread too and just re-heat it in the oven. I was glad that my toaster is still working although I have been using it for several years already.

Lately, I realized I love baking too. Although I have my old toaster, I'm planning to purchase a new toaster oven. I spend most of my time in the kitchen and it is the only place where I can fulfill my dream as a chef. One of my wish list last year is to take up Culinary Arts and yet until now I'm just a busy mom in the kitchen. My little girl loves baking too and she even helps me prepare when I'm busy cooking. Sigh. I think I need to pursue her dream, if not myself, to become a chef.


2 comments:

ruby said...

hello sis! dropping by :)

Surviving Deployment
A new beginning
YoungMama

nice A said...

How great a mom you are to your kids, nuts! I salute you for being such- preparing healthy meals, etc...