Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday Couch Potatoes



Thank you Kikamz of Just About Anything, the host of TCP for featuring me in today's TCP. This week theme for TCP is Musical Movies and mine is Dirty Dancing. Let me first say that I miss Patrick Swayze (RIP) with this entry , the leading actor in this movie.

It all started when Baby (Jennifer Grey) and her family spent one summer in Catskills.
He met Johnny (played by Patrick Swayze), a one talented dance instructor. When Baby takes the place of Penny as Johnny's dance partner, Johnny teaches her some sexy and seductive moves. Because Baby's father believed that Johnny was the creep on Penny's pregnancy and abortion, he furiously ordered Baby to end relationship. But Baby fights for their love as she believed that Johnny was innocent.

Soundtrack of film Dirty Dancing has sold two multi-platinum albums and multiple singles, including "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" that won both the Golden Globe and Academy Award for Best Original Song, and a Grammy Award for best duet.

The production company of Dirty Dancing after twenty years is looking for a remake this coming 2010 with no exact date yet. Please watch for it. I so miss Patrick Swayze in this movie and who wouldn't miss this hot actor. He was one of the greatest talent/icon in my generation and he will always be missed.

More of Dirty Dancing here and here..

Please click the above badge for more of Musical Movie entries.


5 comments:

kikamz said...

I agree with you dear... Patrick is one HOT actor and I miss him too. i loved him at Dirty Dancing too. When this first came out in 1987, I was too young to watch. I only got to watch this on TV when i was already 25! Would you believe that? LOL! I fell in love with the song "THe Time Of My Life" among other songs.

I will surely watch out for the remake in 2010! Thanks for the info and thanks for joining in this week's TCP. next week, we will feature A Merry Christmas Movie. till next week! happy tcp and a blessed Christmas!

Mom of Four said...

I seen that movie, and it was pretty good. Patrick Swayze is really cool!

Chris said...

cool movie! i remember watching it too so many years back!

Hazel said...

Guess what... I haven't actually seen Dirty Dancing although I've heard of it all around.

RIP Patrick Swayze. He was so naughty in Keeping Mum :-)

Quilt Works said...

I found you through Yellow Mellow! I enjoyed my visit - intersting to see news accross the world!

I even liked your ads! I clicked on your google ads, hope when you visit my sight you can visit one of my sponsors too!
We can help each other by being a "click tag" team - the ads are by topics of the blog, and I think we are good match!


... Visit my contribution "Artsy Chair"