Monday, April 13, 2009

food for the day

This is not the usual kilawin or raw meat/fish. Here, "kilawin" is cooked and I use "kasim or liempo" instead of liver or lamang-loob. And if I don't, I'll end up eating my menu all alone. My kids hate liver, but they love to eat liver-spread (reno) for sandwich/bread.

So here's the menu. "Pork Kilawin."
Ingredients:
1/2 kilo pork (or depends on your choice, liver or lamang-loob)
1/2 cup palm vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
2 white radish
2 chili-pepper
omami seasoning
margarine or oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
Optional:
Fried Garlic

Instructions:
Cut pork and radish into strips. Marinate pork. Set aside.
Saute garlic, onion, marinated pork until lightly browned. Add water and bring to boil. Cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 20 minutes. Add radish, chili-pepper. Add vinegar. Season to taste. Salt, omami, pepper.
Garnish with fried garlic. (optional)

As usual, I have "patis with sili." Food never taste so good without this, and that bring something to my tastebud.


No comments: